Saturday, February 16, 2013

Canucks Rock: All Canadian Link Up 02/16

Welcome to our weekly All Canadian Link Up!  This weekend and every weekend, Canucks Rock! with our All Canadian Link Up and Candid Canuck feature interview.  Brought to you by your hosts: Did you know Canada?, Tales of a Ranting Ginger and Maple Leaf Mommy!

This Week's Candid Canuck is Trina from Life's a Blog, check out our interview with her..




If you could interview anyone dead or alive who would it be and why?
Lady Gaga.  For a girl in her 20’s, she’s got more common sense than most people in their 40’s.  If I would have had half the knowledge and confidence at her age, I’m certain my life would have taken a brave new direction.

You have had some fabulous interviews and attended some great events, is there one that is your favourite? Why? 
The Toronto Film Festival is my favorite event but last year I attended the Boots and Hearts Country Music Festival and it rocked my world.  I can’t stop talking about the great time I had there.  It was all about the people!  The performers were amazing, but the people were out of this world.

In regards to my interviews, I was scared to death to interview Ian Astbury of the Cult during his media tour last year.  I asked myself several times who I thought I was to deserve this? The interview went great and he was such a great person to listen to and learn from.  I believe it was also the interview that I realized that my personality allowed me to find out truths that were never truly discovered.  After my interview, I read reviews that it was a “revealing” interview with Ian Astbury.

What goals do you have for your blog for 2013?
Two goals actually.

In 2012, I was catering to too many companies and hosted too many giveaways.  This is NOT who I am.  In 2013, it’s strictly those brands who I truly love.  If they don’t want to work with me because I’m an advocate and not an influencer, then I’ll love them in silence.  My blog this year will become a business, not a free walking billboard for brands with a multi-million dollar advertising budget.

Looking back to 2008, my blog started as a venue to talk about the Toronto Film Festival with a mix of entertainment news. Last year, I discovered that I love interviewing people.  I love to learn what makes them tick and the secret to their success.   This year, I want to aspire to connect with PR companies and publicists in Toronto and LA to review movies and interview as many people that I can.

It is great that your blog has contributors including your teen daughter. If you could give a piece of advice to a new blogger starting out, what would it be? 
Write what you love.  Writing about what you love consistently, with a basic understanding of SEO and Social Media, can take you places you have never imagined.

If you could live anywhere in Canada, where would it be?
Quite honestly, I’m blessed with where I am right now.  I have a few lifelong friendships online and offline.  People I think the world of.  However, as a couple, Toby and I would like to experience something new soon.  I’d love to live right downtown Toronto so I am at the center of everything.  I think Toby would like that too because he never gets out.

What inspires you day to day
Quite frankly, life’s challenges.  Everyday I’m always faced with a challenge.  Whether it’s writing copy for a sell sheet, interviewing someone, a whiny teenager or dealing with an issue, there is always a hurdle to overcome.  It’s what inspires and drives me (crazy) every day.

Is there anything you want the world to know about Trina Stewart?
It’s funny because most people online take me VERY seriously until they get to know me.  Most of the time I’m laughing. Even when I’m mad, I find the funny part of the situation.  I guess it’s the best way to make light of any situation to get you through it.    Also, despite my good humour, I have no issue calling a spade a spade.  I don’t care how popular or successful you are, I do not tolerate bullying or abuse towards another individual.


Thanks so much Trina!  Want to be one of our featured Canucks?  Sign up here.

Right now, link up your Canadian blog and social media accounts, find some new reads and new friends!

Click here to grab this linky for your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Giveaway Directory
Sweepsadvantage
SheBlogs Canada