Saturday, February 23, 2013

Canucks Rock: All Canadian Link Up! 02/23

Welcome to our weekly All Canadian Link Up!  This weekend and every weekend, Canucks Rock! with our All Canadian Link Up and Candid Canuck feature interview.  Brought to you by your hosts: Did you know Canada?, Tales of a Ranting Ginger and Maple Leaf Mommy!

This Week's Candid Canuck is Amanda from Multi-Testing Mommy check out our interview with her..



Tell us a bit about yourself and your background before you started blogging.
Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to become a teacher.  I went through life working with kids as a babysitter, swim instructor, piano teacher, Child Life assistant (in a hospital) and more.  Teaching was who I was until I had a family of my own.  I focused my everything on being a teacher.  I loved teaching Kindergarten and music!  When I had children, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to focus on my family and have enjoyed doing this for the past 8 years!  I got into blogging as a way to stay connected to the outside world when my daughter was born and also as a way that I could share her exciting developments.  Slowly, my blog started taking on new forms of sharing information with other Canadian parents so I re-branded and became what I am now - Multi-Testing Mommy.

Three things that I love to do are hold babies, bake and sing.

One thing that I don't love is seafood, can't stand it!  Never have, never will.

One thing that I strive to figure out is time management and organization.

I am a people pleaser, a mix between an introvert and an extrovert (depending on the situation) and I am sensitive.

I love to give advice when asked and I try to be an open book, if you want to know something, just ask!  I love to share :)

If you went on a trip to the Bahamas what three items would you NEED to take with you?
Can I say my family?  My hubby and my two kids?  LOL! Seriously!  If not, then for sure my computer, a bathing suit and LOTS of sunscreen!

Tell us about Multi-Testing Mommy, what's the theme or idea behind your site?
Multi-Testing Mommy started off as a separate blog from my personal blog, a place where I could share product reviews and giveaways only.  Slowly, over time, it has become a place for me to share everything and anything from crafts, recipes, activities for kids and families, product reviews and of course giveaways (I know the readers love these!).  If I had all the time in the world, I would post more parenting posts and activities for kids.  This year, I am trying to take on less product reviews and write more about the things I love to write.

Last year, I also started up Canadian Moms Cook with Stacey from Did You Know Canada?.  I wanted a place that my readers could go to see all of my recipes in one place and it is always fun to go an adventure with a friend!

Since you often review products, name a few of the favourite items you've reviewed.
Wow - I've been introduced to so many amazing products through my blog, it is hard to name just a few.
I absolutely loved reviewing the Zoku Popsicle Maker.  It has been well used in our house and I cannot wait for the summer, when it will likely be put to use every single day!

My daughter and I loved reviewing the Ford Taurus!  We love testing out different vehicles and talking about whether or not they will work for our family.  This is something we would love to do more often this year, once the weather gets a bit better.

I also love reviewing toys and books for children.  This past summer, we received some Hex Bugs for review.  We had such a fun time testing them out together.

I'm also a skin care junky in that I love to review different products for the hair, body and skin.  This year, I am so excited to be a #PGMom and have had the opportunity to test out all kinds of awesome products, but I have also received many more natural products that I have grown to love as well, for example, Burt's Bees.

What tip would you give to other bloggers who are just starting out?
When starting out, it is so easy to compare yourself to some of the "bigger" blogggers.  Try not to do this.  Network like crazy and make your rounds around the blogosphere, reading other blogs and leaving comments.  Post regularly and interact with your commenters/fans so that they will be encouraged to come back!  As much as we sometimes get bogged down with numbers, it's about the interactions and the readers!

Share a link to one of your favourite posts.
I love to give advice to other parents, especially from a Kindergarten teacher's perspective.  I loved writing this post about Information for New Kindergarten Moms and Dads because I have now experienced Kindergarten from the teacher's and the parent's perspective.



Thanks so much Amanda!  Want to be one of our featured Canucks?  Sign up here.

Right now, link up your Canadian blog and social media accounts, find some new reads and new friends!

Click here to grab this linky for your site!

2 comments:

  1. I love this perspective from Amanda. We are fortunate to have SO many savvy and talented bloggers in Canada. You're all teachers for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Tales of a Ranting Ginger, who I've met through the Canadian Blog Facebook page. This looks like an amazing site and I will have to take time to explore it more.
    Thanks for hosting the party, too!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Giveaway Directory
Sweepsadvantage
SheBlogs Canada