Saturday, March 16, 2013

Canucks Rock: All Canadian Link Up! 03/16

Welcome to our weekly All Canadian Link Up!  This weekend and every weekend, Canucks Rock! with our All Canadian Link Up and Candid Canuck feature interview.  Brought to you by your hosts: Did you know Canada?, Tales of a Ranting Ginger and Maple Leaf Mommy!

This Week's Candid Canuck is Alanna from Fridays Off. Check out our interview with her..



Tell us why you created your blog?

In February 2010 I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks pregnant and was completely devastated. I had been thinking about starting a blog and that was the event that pushed me into it. I needed something to occupy my brain when I got home from work and blogging helped heal my broken heart. Happily one year later I gave birth to a healthy, cute baby boy who I affectionately call L'il E in my blog posts. I'm pregnant again with number 2 and due in July, so I'll be dishing about pregnancy round 2 and life with baby all over again.


What is your favourite thing to write about?

This is a tough question to answer because it can change on a daily basis. When it comes to writing my blog I don't get bogged down with editorial calendars. I just write what feels right at that time whether it be a really great recipe I've tried, relationship advice, parenting advice, coping mechanisms, a cool beauty product I'm loving. I like writing about it all and I don't like to box myself in to specific categories.


If you could give a tip to a new blogger what would it be?

Write your blog for you and don't try to be someone you're not. If you're you, the words will naturally write themselves and your readers will love your posts.


Do you have a project you've created (food or fabric) you are most proud of?

My latest project is a big one and I'm super proud of it. I just launched my own online fabric shop aptly named Fridays Off Fabric Shop. I'm in the start up phase and slowly building my inventory of 100% cotton designer fabrics, sewing cards, and creating sewing kits. I am so excited about this project and my blog led me down this new avenue. You can check out my shop at http://fridaysoff.ca


Tell us about where you live in Canada. What do you want the rest of the world to know about your town/province/country.

I live in Toronto, Ontario. I think most of you know about Toronto and sadly have your own preconceived notions about the city. I live in the city's west end, I'm sandwiched between West Queen West and Parkdale. It's an awesome part of the city that has a little bit of grit combined with great restaurants, your choice of indy coffee shops, great parks for the littles, and cute little boutiques. I love living here and couldn't imagine living outside of my little bubble.


If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Sadly it wouldn't be in Canada :( I would come back and visit often though. I need sun, sand and heat and if I could live anywhere it would be either California or Costa Rica.



Thanks so much Alanna!

Would you like to be one of our featured Canucks?  Sign up here.

Right now, link up your Canadian blog and social media accounts, find some new reads and new friends!

Click here to grab this linky for your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Giveaway Directory
Sweepsadvantage
SheBlogs Canada