Saturday, January 19, 2013

Canucks Rock: All Canadian Link Up

Welcome to our weekly All Canadian Link Up!  This weekend and every weekend, Canucks Rock! with our All Canadian Link Up and Candid Canuck feature interview.  Brought to you by your hosts: Did you know Canada?, Tales of a Ranting Ginger and Maple Leaf Mommy!

This Week's Candid Canuck is Real Momma, check out our interview with her..


Tell us about you and your background before you started blogging. 
I'm a BC girl, born and raised here which is probably my reason behind loving the outdoors.  I have lived all over British Columbia since I was born from the North, Kootenays, Okanagan and back again!  After gaining experience in high school working for other people I realized I wanted to be self-employed and I have been ever since finishing college. I have done everything from office management, cleaning, contracting services, home party businesses, to our most recent adventure of running a quick-service restaurant.  I guess you can say I've dabbled a little in everything.

What is your blog about? 
Now that's a loaded question!  My blog is about self-management tips for Mom's with only two hands, which pretty much sums it up!  I blog about life, kids, work, marriage, and how I make it all work giving some tips along the way.  I have to say my favorite part is trying new things just so I have something to blog about!

Does being self-employed and working from home help or hinder your blogging? 
For me blogging and working from home go together!  My blog started as an accountability tool for me to help keep me on the right track and have evolved into so much more!  I am fortunate enough to work from home and watch my kids grow up which taking them to school, sports, and having a TON of fun doing it.  Blogging has turned into one of my true passions lately and without it in my life I think I would have a hard time finding the balance between family, work and me!

How do you feel Canada is represented on the web? 
Online I believe Canada is under represented either people think we're hocking loving rednecks, ski bums, or we have no clue what technology is.  Every time I go online to find out something about Canada whether it be for personal or business I always get US sites or blogs, seems like we are a little behind the times here in Canada for the most part.  There are some beautiful sites out there though if you can actually find them with scenic pictures, travel advice, and just some good old Canadian love!

Is there a stereo type about Canadians that drives you nuts? If so, what and why?
YES!  To be honest stereo types of Canadian drives me nuts – other than us being the nicest people out there!  My least favorite is our accents and how we always say "Eh!", the part that annoys me the most is some Canadian companies have actually based advertising campaigns around that.  I don' think people realize that in Canada we are just the same as everyone else out there, here to enjoy life and have fun doing it!

Give us the link to a favourite blog post of yours. 
This was a tough choice for me, but my favorite post would have to be one of my first serious posts, Make Your Day Work For You Not Against You, it was kind of a series of posts and this one I got a ton of emails asking for more pointers and what I do every day to make life that much easier!

What makes you proud to be Canadian?
Before we had kids we did a lot of travelling both by car and plane.  In Canada I have been as far East as Montreal and in the US we've made road trips to Chicago, Alaska, and a few plane trips including New York, Ft. Lauderdale, Denmark, and Las Vegas.  I also did a cruise around the eastern Caribbean islands and a family trip to Hawaii for my 16th birthday!  I  have to say I am always drawn to the beauty of BC though and keep coming back to it!

Thanks so much to Real Momma for sharing such great info with us!  Want to be one of our featured Canucks?  Sign up here.

Right now, link up your Canadian blog and social media accounts, find some new reads and new friends!

Click here to grab this linky for your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Giveaway Directory
Sweepsadvantage
SheBlogs Canada