Canadians love to entertain outdoors and take advantage of beautiful summer-like weather. Target has everything from Bublé to bistro sets to make entertaining a breeze this season:
- Plastic makes perfect – with kids running around in bare feet, plastic dishes and stemware make entertaining outside stress free. Target’s Threshold collection carries colourful dishes and serving trays to create a beautiful outdoor tabletop.
- Accessorize – gardens and greenery provide a beautiful backdrop for any occasion. Add to the outdoors with seasonal accessories including bright patio rugs, umbrellas and pillows.
- Ambiance – set the mood with outdoor lanterns and low background music (but remember, sound travels!)
- Food - check the grocery aisle for quick and easy appetizers to pop in the oven as guests arrive. Archer Farms’ Spanakopita and Lobster and Cheese bites are crowd pleasers – just make sure you have enough on hand for seconds!
Speaking of food, I made two tasty dishes that will be perfect for entertaining this May 2-4 weekend, whether at the cottage, campground or backyard, these can be enjoyed any time!
CHICKPEA & FETA DIP
What you need:
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper strips, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- TRISCUIT Crackers
1. Process chickpeas, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup peppers and next 4 ingredients in food processor until smooth.
2. Spoon into serving bowl; top with remaining cheese and peppers.
3. Serve with crackers.
I halved the recipe and made it in my Magic Bullet, SO EASY!
- Serve with TRISCUIT Thin Crisps or Archer Farms Tortilla Chips
- Two kinds of crunch: serve dip with cut-up fresh vegetable dippers in addition to crackers
HONEY GRAHAM CRUNCH SMORES BARS
What you need:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups Honey Graham Crunch cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Market Pantry miniature marshmallows
- 1 (11.5 oz.) bag milk chocolate chips
1. Spray 8 or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over LOW heat; add 3 cups miniature marshmallows. Cook and stir until melted and smooth; remove from heat. Add cereal; mix until well coated.
3. Press firmly into prepared pan with the back of a buttered spoon or waxed paper. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows in single layer over top.*
4. Heat chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Heat in additional 10 second increments until completely melted. Spread evenly over top of marshmallows. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Makes 16 bars
- If desired, toast marshmallows by heating under broiler a few minutes until lightly browned. Then drizzle with chocolate.
- This recipe can easily be doubled and made in a 13x9-inch pan. (You will need to purchase 2 bags of miniature marshmallows.)
- Sprinkle over hot cereal.
- These make a great snack just served plain or mixed with dried fruit.
- Stir slightly crushed cereal into ice cream or frozen yogurt for a crunchy treat.
Both delish! Even the kiddos liked both dishes and they were fun to serve with these cute napkins and tray from Target. Enter below for your chance to win a $50 Target giftcard so our lucky winner can buy some entertaining essentials for the start of summer!!!