Saturday, April 27, 2013

Canucks Rock: All Canadian Link Up 04/27

Welcome to our weekly All Canadian Link Up!  This weekend and every weekend, Canucks Rock! with our All Canadian Link Up and Candid Canuck feature interview.  Brought to you by your hosts: Did you know Canada?, Tales of a Ranting Ginger and Maple Leaf Mommy!




This week's Candid Canuck is Angie from Echoes of Laughter. Check out our interview with her..



Many bloggers look at your pictures and are truly inspired. Do you have any photography tips you can share with us? 
Thank you so much for your kinds words. Yes, I have some great tips for anyone taking pictures for their blogs.

1.Turn off your flash and take pictures in front of a window with lots of natural light. {But not too bright or the pictures will be overexposed.)

2. Take lots of pictures from different angles. Then choose 2-3 of the best photos.

3. Use an editing program such as Pic Monkey to touch up your pictures with more light & saturated colours. It takes time & practice to do this, but it is so worth it.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj8xRLVpOCF3lddAmXX5Fkg17uyLhyphenhyphenTpYMc8fsoL5NYLKbwuXlVnhN9j4z6Wu-99ZjvzhQK7vBaviEbgKtqHWAPjRnmZTsooXBh_OgzQRkdUsdA9DMG6dpiNFTwEANh91Yo3ar9FzQN6w8/s640/Camping+Recipes+Potato+Boat+Dinner+with+Ham,+Bacon+&+Cheese.jpg


Lately you have been on TV and in the paper. How exciting! Share with us the most exciting opportunity you have had thanks to your blog. 
I really have to say that being on CTV News sharing crafts and recipes from my blog has to be one of the most exciting opportunities I have had to date. That opportunity came about from attending BlogWest, which gave me the opportunity to pitch a news anchor in person with my ideas.  And I also have a trip coming up with Manitoba Travel that I am super excited about.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEix8qYedoSnLXd5B6Hu1r4VfRLAMLwG0RnnnVRbM9aodG_ZdK2lc621rSVAN_9qxzOcAB9_0NfqtJRSpORiiyapA3BLGH0ytNwtpo5HPeGr7bYxVr56d7HoLdSdRVbh-dVSUWaua0zUqos/s640/photo.JPG


Do you have any big projects planned in the coming months? If so can we get an idea what to expect? 
Thanks for asking and yes I do. We have had a long winter here in Edmonton, and I am really looking forward to getting outside with spray cans of paint in all of my favorites colours to jazz up some old furniture and give new life to some other accessories...both indoors and out! And I plan on sharing more yummy camping recipes too!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj7Wqj_LlBLA24MUhD-busEvFwUNYUrBOu88eLyVaB4gjfBY7BahvVrxfuPlaWCdEWpNH-nF-352y9Unf21rh28kWi4LZWJif9v24_h-auIZEFbhMBJ-E3POQcMTy6WgyjYYB74sLxcwE0/s640/Spray+Painted+Bucket+Planters.jpg

What inspires you? Where do you get the ideas for the crafts and treats you make and feature on your blog? 
Very good question. Lately for recipes, I have been inspired by favourites from my childhood such as these cherry brownies that my great-grandmother used to make.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiHBKSw_qlxz3fMF1VQAnN92Vn3ho9WrNPLxoaKV4RGOJaH0xVaKzmPVRfM8v-1tqdO5C3qZLIR86DJrGL_q9Ti1zWernpdfRsnOApta-zIRFU0I1220Kfzwn1tpVPaLp8fmqUqdm3Dlfw/s640/Cherry+Brownies.jpg

I am also frequently inspired by bright colours & patterns....whether it be dishes, throw pillows or flowers. And I am inspired by spray paint and my quest to find my new victim!

If you could give one piece of advice to a fellow blogger, what would it be?
I would have to say follow your passion. If you feel passionate about sharing a recipe, an idea or a project...then your passion will shine through and make it a great post!


Thanks so much Angie!
Want to be one of our featured Canucks?  Sign up here.

Right now, link up your Canadian blog and social media accounts, find some new reads and new friends!


Click here to grab this linky for your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Giveaway Directory
Sweepsadvantage
SheBlogs Canada