This project requires just a few ingredients, a little bit of time, and a dash of love! Don't get nervous from the picture (I was!) it actually went really smoothly and we had a ton of fun!
Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Holiday Ornament Instructions
For an impressive holiday gift idea this season, try making the Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Holiday Ornament. It’s a great way to spend quality time with kids, and because it’s no-bake, it’s a snap to make. A thoughtful gift for friends, teachers, baby sitters or anyone on your list!
What You’ll Need
· 6 cups (1.5 litre) Kellogg’s* Rice Krispies * cereal
· 250g (1 pkg) Marshmallows
· 1/4cup (50ml) Butter or Margarine
· 2ml (1/2 tsp) Vanilla extract
· Red licorice string
· Red and white fondant and silver dragees, available at cake decorating supply shops, crafting or grocery stores
· Ruler, bamboo skewer, pizza cutter, rolling pin and paint brush
· Wrapping: cello bags, ribbon, and mini decorative bulbs – available at local crafting stores
Make the Rice Krispies Base
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes or do it on the stove
2. Stir in vanilla. Stir in Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal until well coated. Allow mixture to cool slightly; form into shape
Shape the Ornament
1. Form Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal mixture into half balls, leaving space in the centre
2. Poke a small hole in a piece of fondant with bamboo skewer and thread with your red licorice to make the loop for hanging
3. Place the loop inside the ball and add more Kellogg’s Rice Krispies mixture to close the ball around the licorice so the loop sticks out; add more mixture as needed and mold with hands into ball shape
1. Roll fondant into a sheet using a rolling pin
2. With a ruler and pizza cutter, cut fondant into long strips; place onto ornament working your way around, cutting any excess
3. Use a very small cookie cutter decorating tool to cut out fun shapes from the fondant
4. Dip the paint brush in some water and brush onto the fondant; sprinkle on silver dragees
5. Once complete; package the Kellogg’s Rice Krispies ornament in a cellophane bag, add the ribbon and the mini decorative bulbs for the perfect holiday gift!
We made one for Santa for our Elf on the Shelf to take back to the North Pole with him. :-) We will be making these for friends and neighbours as well, what a beautiful gift! The kids really enjoyed this project and it honestly was not hard to do at all, now I have great ideas for future Kellogg’s Rice Krispies projects!