Saturday, July 27, 2013

Canucks Rock: All Canadian Link Up! 07/27

Welcome to our weekly All Canadian Link Up!  This weekend and every weekend, Canucks Rock! with our All Canadian Link Up and Candid Canuck feature interview.  Brought to you by your hosts: Did you know Canada?, Tales of a Ranting Ginger and Maple Leaf Mommy!

This week's Candid Canuck is Jennifer from Ninja Mommers! Check out our interview with her..



How do you motivate yourself to write?
I love to write, so motivation is only a problem when I hit a road block when it comes to post ideas. If I need motivation, I find the best thing for me to do is to spend some time crawling around on the floor with my little ones, cleaning the house, or walking the dog. In doing those things, I usually find something to write about. My family provides me quite a bit of things to rant about as well as to brag about. They keep me pretty busy. 

You've got a pretty unique name for your site. Where did the idea for "Ninja Mommers" come from?
I have always liked Ninjas and would quite like to be as stealthy and downright awesome as they are. The Ninja part came from the fact that I am, in almost no way, anything like a Ninja. If it's stealth and grace people are expecting from me, they will get the exact opposite. No matter how much I try I have a hard time even walking down the stairs without tripping over my own feet so I figured calling myself "Ninja Mommers" would be pretty darned ironic.

Do you have a post or two that you're particularly proud of?
I have a few that I think are my faves! I really like "Can I please Poop Alone!?" Because I feel as though it's a post that other parents can relate to. I have a hard time believing that I am the ONLY parent in the world that goes to the bathroom with an audience. If I am then I guess I am just THAT lucky.

I also really enjoyed writing "Wives Married to Video Gamers Anonymous". I know a lot of people who are married to gamers. The post also raised a bit of controversy about the definition of "Gamer" and what excessive gaming is. I personally just had fun writing it, enjoyed the others that shared their stories, and actually quite enjoy a game or two myself once in a while.

If you could live anywhere in Canada where would it be and why?
I would stay right where I am, in Northern Ontario. The weather here is great. Except for the 8 month long winters, those I could do without. But, we have a great community of friends up here so I wouldn't want to leave. I have all the things I need right where I am, My family, My Friends and my laptop..... oh an my neighbour bakes amazing goodies all year long.... so that too.

What's your favourite aspect of being a Canadian blogger?
I love the community and friends I have made along the way! There are so many amazing Canadian Bloggers out there that never hesitate to share advice, pointers and their expertise. My fellow bloggers are all pretty amazing!

Thanks so much Jennifer!
Want to be one of our featured Canucks?  Sign up here.

Right now, link up your Canadian blog and social media accounts, find some new reads and new friends!



Click here to grab this linky for your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Giveaway Directory
Sweepsadvantage
SheBlogs Canada