Saturday, June 15, 2013

Canucks Rock: All Canadian Link Up 06/15

Welcome to our weekly All Canadian Link Up!  This weekend and every weekend, Canucks Rock! with our All Canadian Link Up and Candid Canuck feature interview.  Brought to you by your hosts: Did you know Canada?, Tales of a Ranting Ginger and Maple Leaf Mommy!

This week's Candid Canuck is our own Kim from 
Tales of a Ranting Ginger. Check out our interview with her..


How did you first become interested in blogging?

I started blogging because I was talking to lots of people on twitter and never had enough space to say everything I wanted to. I have a huge age gap in my children's ages so often parents would ask a question on twitter and i would be there to answer. Kind of like a been there, done that thing. So my blog was originally me evolving from twitter

You have been to conferences in both Canada and the US. How do they compare?

Conferences in both countries are great for networking. I was interested in sessions for my first conference but by the time I had some experience, I was more interested in the networking aspect. I found the US conference to have a larger budget and venue. I also found the brands to be more willing to work with bloggers and more experienced with social media. I also found the number of attendees to be huge in the US

How important is the community aspect of blogging?

For me, community is everything. I am often known as an over sharer. sadly I do not always get the sharing back, but that is okay. I believe in karma and feel it will all work out in the end. It is great to know that no matter what you are going through with readers, numbers, reps or even your personal life, you are not alone. we are all trying to juggle our family , our blog and our life. Community allows us to relate and support in a way we could not . I am all about supporting my fellow bloggers

What's one tip for a new blogger?

Do what you love and ask questions. Don';t be afraid to ask questions. Do not undersell yourself and and value your time. Once you know your value, others will too.

What do you love about being a Canadian Blogger?

I love that there is still very few of us. I love that we are a community and I love that many of the brands we are working with are new and willing to learn and grow with us. I think there is a lot of opportunity for growth in the Canadian blogmosphere.


Bonus question- what stereotypes drive me nuts? 

I really dislike how everyone around the world thinks it is cold here in Canada all the time, we all play hockey and we all know each other lol Every time I travel and tell someone I am from Canada, they ask me if I know their friend/cousin etc in another province

Thanks so much from our own Kim at Tales of a Ranting Ginger!
Want to be one of our featured Canucks?  Sign up here.

Right now, link up your Canadian blog and social media accounts, find some new reads and new friends!



Click here to grab this linky for your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Giveaway Directory
Sweepsadvantage
SheBlogs Canada