Monday, April 25, 2011

Royal Wedding

Did you know Canada.. well, as I'm sure most of you DO know, the Royal Wedding between William and Kate takes place this Friday. Depending on where you live it's likely you'll be getting up around 3 in the morning if you want to watch it.

I've seen a lot of comments on twitter with people saying they don't care about the Royal Wedding and it has nothing to do with us, etc, etc..

I don't agree with that at all. We're Canadian and part of being Canadian is knowing at least a bit about the Monarch, after all Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is Canada's Head of State. Although the monarch’s powers have been dissolving since the nineteenth century - about the only ones that remain are the right to appoint a prime minister and dissolve parliament.

I think there are many people that will be getting up at 3am to watch the Royal Wedding - after all, William is likely going to be King, and likely in our lifetime. Many of us, like my Mother for one, woke up at 1am to watch Charles and Dianna wed and will be doing the same this Friday and look forward to it.

Will you be attending the wedding of William and Kate?

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I watched Diana and I know I'll be up at 3:00 am to watch Catherine and William. I also watched as much as they would broadcast of Charles and Camilla. Loving the royals here and btw, William and Kate are coming to our small town in July :)

    Oh I forgot to mention I'm following you too!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Giveaway Directory
Sweepsadvantage
SheBlogs Canada